The Runnymede Trust gained extensive media coverage on the impact of George Osborne's budget on BME families. The research was written by our director Dr Omar Khan. You can read it here
It was the lead front page story in The Guardian
on Monday 27th July, which was shared over 2,700 times directly from the Guardian's online page, and attracted over 1,000 reader comments. It was also covered in the following print and online publications:
- The Metro (London and Manchester) here.
- Kehinde Andrews wrote an opinion piece in The Guardian's Comment Is Free here.
- The Voice (the leading African and Caribbean newspaper) here.
- Eastern Eye (leading Asian newspaper) here.
- Charlotte Pickles wrote about the research on Reform here.
- Operation Black Vote website here.
- International Business Times here.
In the broadcast media, the story was covered in the following media:
- The story was also picked up by papers in India and Bangladesh.
- BBC Look North (covers Yorkshire including Bradford) here.
- Channel 4 News (video not posted unfortunately).
- Russia Today (news bulletins) here.
- Russia Today (Going Underground - news magazine programme) here.
On Twitter, 38 Degrees tweeted the story with their own graphic:
The story was shared 1,080 times on Twitter, including by Labour's shadow business secretary: