Projects and Publications
Runnymede publishes a range of publications that are usually free of charge to access online, however you must register with us before you can download them.
Please note: If you would like to showcase one of our publications on your website, we kindly ask that you do not upload a pdf directly to your own website, but instead add a link directing viewers to the relevant page on ours.
Our publications include practitioner handbooks, briefing papers, research reports and other accounts of conferences and seminars, some of which are priced and should be ordered from our distributor or relevant publisher as indicated.
Some scanned PDF files of out-of-print publications can be ordered directly from Runnymede, for a £10 + VAT fee to cover the cost of producing the file, by emailing email@example.com
Except where otherwise noted all our publications published after 1 January 2010 are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivative Licence.
We also conduct a range of projects that address key race equality challenges for public policy. Our projects and programmes help us to build a body of evidence to enable policy development that meets the needs of all.
Please use the box below to browse through our projects and publications.
- A 'Race' Against Time?
- A Sense of Place
- Achieving Race Equality In Scotland
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Race and Community
- Are You Saying I'm Racist?
- Article 13
- Bangla Stories Teaching Resource
- Belonging Teacher's Guide
- Belonging: Message to Policy Makers
- Black and Ethnic Minority Young People and Educational Disadvantage
- Black Parents and Their Children's Education
- Bolivians In London
- British Moroccans
- Bulletin 353 - March 2008
- Bulletin 354 - June 2008
- Bulletin 355 - September 2008
- Bulletin 356 - December 2008
- Bulletin 357 - March 2009
- Bulletin 358 - June 2009
- Bulletin 359 - September 2009
- Bulletin 360 - December 2009
- Challenge, Change & Opportunity: Overview, Texts & Agenda
- Civic Renewal For All
- Civil Renewal, Diversity and Social Capital in a Multi-Ethnic Britain
- Cohesion, Community and Citizenship
- Community Cohesion and Community Development: Bridges or Barricades?
- A Community of Communities and Citizens
- Complementing Teachers
- Connecting British Hindus
- Conservatism and Community Cohesion
- Costs of 'Returning Home', The
- Creating Connections
- Criminal Justice v Racial Justice
- Curriculum 2000
- Developing Community Cohesion
- Did They Get it Right?
- Different Worlds
- Distant Neighbours
- Diversity and Solidarity
- Divided by the Same Language
- Ecuadorian identity, community and multi-cultural integration
- Education for All
- Education for Some
- Employment, unemployment and black people
- Empowering Individuals & Creating Community
- Equal Respect
- Ethnic Profiling
- Ethnic Statistics and the 1991 Census
- Failure by Any Other Name?
- Fair's Fair
- Faith Schools and Community Cohesion
- Financial Inclusion and Ethnicity
- Future Ageing of the Ethnic Minority Population of England and Wales, The
- Future of Multi-Ethnic Britain, The
- Gangs Revisited: What's a Gang and What's Race Got to Do with It?
- Generation 3.0 Learning Resource
- Growing Old Far From Home
- Guardians of Race Equality
- Improving Practice
- Information Needs of London's Voluntary Sector, The
- Islamophobia: A Challenge for Us All
- Justice At Risk
- Kingston Race Equality Scorecard
- Labour and Cohesive Communities
- Living Transnationally
- Local Decision Making and Participation
- Localism: threat or opportunity?
- Lone Mothers of Mixed Racial and Ethnic Children
- Making a Contribution
- Making British Histories
- Mentoring Briefing Paper
- Mixed Heritage
- Mixedness and the Arts
- Moving On Up?
- The Multi-Ethnic Good Society
- New Directions New Voices
- Not Enough Understanding
- One minority at a time
- Passing the Baton
- Pensions Bill, The
- Perpetrators of Racist Violence and Harassment
- Preventing Racist Violence
- Preventing Racist Violence in Europe
- Race Equality and the Liberal Democrats
- Ready for Retirement?
- Realising The Vision
- Rethinking 'Gangs'
- Right To Divide?
- Right To Divide? Executive Summary
- Riot Roundtables
- Romans Revealed: Teaching Resource
- Saving Beyond the High Street
- School Choice and Ethnic Segregation
- School Exclusions and the Race Factor
- School Governors and Race Equality in 21st Century Schools
- Secularism, Racism and the Politics of Belonging
- Seeking Sound Advice
- Snowy Peaks
- Social Capital, Civil Renewal & Ethnic Diversity
- Soldiers, Migrants and Citizens
- State of the Nation, The
- Surrey Street Market
- A Tale of Two Englands
- The New Muslims
- The Space Between
- The Stephen Lawrence Inquiry 10 Years On
- The Stephen Lawrence Inquiry 10 Years On - Executive Summary
- The Vietnamese Community in Great Britain
- ' Them and Us':
- This is Where I Live
- This Is Where I Live - Notes for Teachers
- To Stay or Not to Stay
- To Stay or Not to Stay: Executive Summary
- Understanding Diversity
- Urban Disorder and Gangs
- A Very Light Sleeper
- Video ARTS Postcards' Teacher's Guide
- What Works With Integrating New Migrants?
- What's New About New Immigrants in 21st Century Britain?
- Who Cares about the White Working Class?
- Who Pays to Access Cash?
- Why Do Assets Matter?
- Why Preferential Policies Can Be Fair
- Widening Participation and Race Equality
- Widening the talent pool
- Young People in the UK
Roll over the A-Z list above to view a list of our current publications.
The Riot Roundtables brought key local decision-makers, young people and members of the community together to find out what happened during the riots and what can be done to prevent it happening again
An ambitious programme of projects with the aim of finding out what it would mean to end racism in a generation
- Community Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Transitions Programme
- Ethnic Diversity in the Curriculum
- Education Conference 2008
- Real Histories Directory
- Tell Me What I Need To Know
- Equality and Cohesion
- Financial Inclusion
- Mixed Heritage
- Oral History Project
- Civil Renewal
- Commission on British Muslims
- Commission on the Future of Multi-Ethnic Britain
- Parliamentary Monitor
- EU Anti-Discrimination Training Project
- Young People
- This is Where I Live
- Video ART Postcards
Roll over the A-Z list above to view a list of our projects.