9am Monday 13th November
Hybrid (London/ Home), will require regular attendance (1 day p/w) in London office
Full-time, permanent (with flexible working options available)
The Runnymede Trust, the UK's leading race equality think tank, is looking for an Operations Director.
As an independent organisation, we speak truth to power on race and racism without fear or favour, never swayed by political agenda, profit or popular opinion. The Runnymede Trust has come a long way over the last few years. We have grown the team, partnerships and impact, and have maintained our position as the go-to organisation for robust, evidence-led, research and policy on racial justice, in an increasingly diverse sector. We're currently on an ongoing journey to improve operational resilience, transforming from a small into a medium-sized charity and improving financial, HR, digital systems and internal processes.
Now is an exciting time to join Runnymede, as we consolidate the progress of the last few years and exercise increased capacity in more ambitious ways. The Operations Director is crucial in cementing the work that has been done and further developing the systems and processes that will support all functions going forward. You’ll join our brilliant leadership team, supporting them to work together effectively and ensuring that we are able to continue to deliver and work towards our mission for racial justice.
- You’ll collaborate with the CEO and leadership team to deliver and improve Runnymede’s strategic planning, annual operational planning, and budgeting process and ensure our vision and mission are effectively translated into operational goals and initiatives.
- You will lead on delivering operational, finance and people strategy as well as oversee finances, working closely with the Head of Finance to manage the allocation of resources and oversee budgeting, fundraising and grant management.
- Lead on all aspects of our HR function, taking charge of our recruitment, people development and staff support.
- You’ll support the team to develop and manage impactful partnerships and stakeholder relationships, providing strategic advice on project delivery and ensuring our partnership arrangements are well planned and managed with care.
- You’ll ensure the charity is compliant, maintaining effective internal policies and procedures, and managing organisational risks effectively.
- Alongside the CEO, you’ll support the board of trustees in ensuring our organisational governance is solid.
- You’ll oversee our small but brilliant operations team in all aspects of office management.
To succeed in the role, you will need to have:
The successful candidate will have successfully led a team and demonstrated experience of how to stretch people and strengthen their confidence. You will have strong organisational skills and a proven track record in leading an operations function, ideally within the charity sector. It would be valuable for you to have experience of leading organisational change initiatives.
Closing Date and Interviews:
Deadline for applications: Monday 13th November at 9am
1st Stage interview: w/c 20th & 21st November & 2nd Stage interview: w/c 27th November
How to express your interest:
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please send your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or contact Kate for an informal confidential chat about the role. We will then share the full job pack for you to review and the next steps of how to apply.
Equalities Monitoring Form
Please download, complete and submit alongside your application for any vacancy at the Runnymede Trust.