Does Sport Promote or Challenge Racism?
This talk, led by world leading authority on sports and race Professor Ben Carrington (University of Texas at Austin), took place just days after the 2012 European football championships, and explored the complex dynamics of racism, national identity and belonging in Europe in the context of sport.
Listen to the podcast (please allow 30 seconds for the podcasts to load before they begin to play)
Event production by Moore Development and hosted by Michelle Moore (Education, Sport and Diversity Consultant)
Panel members included:
- Paul Elliot CBE (Former footballer, Charlton, Chelsea, Pisa, Celtic, Aston Villa, UEFA, Kick it Out, PFA)
- Tasha Danvers (Olympian 400m hurdler, motivational speaker,Youth Sport Trust 2012 Ambassador, TV presenter)
- Professor Ben Carrington (Associate professor of Sociology, author and leading international authority on the sociology of race and sports culture)
- Keme Nzerem (Award winning Channel 4 Sports Reporter, news anchor, sports producer)
- David Neita (Barrister, author, poet, community advocate, social justice practitioner)
- Paul Mortimer (Show Racism the Red Card, former Charlton and Crystal Palace footballer)