BERA BME Conference
29 June 2012
Dr Debbie Weekes-Bernard will be a leading a workshop at the British Educational Research Association’s (BERA) BME Conference taking place on Friday 29 June at the University of Birmingham.
Please click here for full details.
The Conference, The Future of Education: new environments and new challenges for Black Minority Ethnic researchers and academics, aims to provide a focussed opportunity to consider the contributions of BME researchers and academics to the development of knowledge related to race, ethnicity, education and society and discuss the challenges for BME researchers within an age of austerity and shifting policy with respect to race, ethnicity and education.
The Conference will enable participants to:
- discuss the position of BME researchers and academics within the Academy and the implications for their careers;
- discuss the implications of the Research Excellence for BME researchers within the field of race, ethnicity and education;
- identify the challenges for BME researchers and academics with a view to finding ways to meet these challenges;
- support the work of early carer researchers in the field of race, ethnicity and education;
- develop a supportive network of individuals who can help to nurture the work of other BME researchers and academics;
- identify future areas for discussion and support related to the work and career progression of BME researchers and academics.